4/03/2013

Overflowing Mother's love - world mission society church of God

My Mother

When it started to thaw, in the warm weather, young buds showed their little faces on the scraggy branch. I don’t know why they were in a hurry today, since they were washing their faces in the moist spring rain. The colors of the blacktop roads looked so clear because all their stains were washed away. The rooftops and the people hustling themselves holding their umbrellas, they all looked so beautiful that I was just staring at them. As I stared, it reminded me of something that had happened long time ago.
I guess it happened during my second year of elementary school... There was a stepping stone that we had to pass from home to school, which meant the heavy rain was indeed a great concern for the whole village.
It was a day when it was bucketing down.The time had passed when I was supposed to be at home, and my mom gradually became anxious, so she just couldn't stay there.
In the blustering wind, standing under the eaves on the other side of the river, she just waited for me to appear.

Did 30 minutes just passed? As she saw me dimly, she began to cross the river with an umbrella.
The black water swallowing up the stepping stone was just a thing of a past. The situation was getting worse. Shortly,the violent water has already licked up mom’s lower body.

However, mom managed to cross the river.
But the real problem started from now on. Though I was a young child, it wasn't an easy task for her to cross the river that was becoming more violent, with me on her back. Especially with a woman’s body, it was much more difficult to handle.

Besides, the floating rubbish joining along with the river speeded up the situation to become even worse.
Since she knew well that she couldn't just stay still, she handed me an opened umbrella and said, “Hold it tight.”

Carrying me on her back, strongly wrinkling and releasing the middle of her forehead, she carefully turned her step.
One step, two step... And that was when she missed her step.
With a sudden, mom lost her balance and her body titled to the left, and at the same time, my left leg went into the black river’s mouth.
My mom’s face became pale...
But shortly something came across her face and she gradually managed to keep her balance.
And so, we could safely cross the river.

“Phew... Are you hurt?”

“No, I’m fine. Aren't you tired mom?”

“I’m fine. Come along,you must be hungry...”

Walking along with her steps that wouldn't quicken, I kept on thinking of her expression that she made at that instant. It wasn't simply an expression of her will, but it was a mother figure with a convulsive effort, to protect the child’s life that was much more important than hers.
It was truly a mother figure.,,
Source from: ‘Pearl of life’  / SH culturalhistory

1 comment:

  1. I give thanks and glory to the love and sacrifice of God the Mother.

    ReplyDelete